Other artists - 1997-xx-xx Anton Corbijn | dmremix.pro

Other artists 1997-xx-xx Anton Corbijn

demoderus

Administrator
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 19:50:42 +0100
Reply-To: "[ISO-8859-2] Franti�ek Trenkler"
Subject: anton corbijn interview

Hi
There is thread about cd sleeves, so I translated an old interview with A.Corbijn from 1993. It was made by Czechoslovak Dm Fan-club. It's originaly in czech so forgive me any mistakes.

Q:In one interview you said, that at the beginning of DM career, you didn't want to work with them, because you didn't understand their music. Why you later decided for cooperation with them ?
A:It wasn't because I didn't understand their music, but more probably I didn't like their music. In year 1986 I agreed to make a video, because with this I had opportunity to film in America, and I quite liked that song. This was beginning of our long cooperation, they just seduced (?) me.

Q:How do you like album and video covers, from times, before your work with them ?
A: It doesn't say me anything, though I quite like photo on A Broken Frame cover. Videos are terrible, though some videos from Peter Care, are going right direction.

Q:Are you working, except for DM, with some other bands or interprets ?
A:Yes, I'm working with quite a lot of people, but not in such range like DM. For example: REM, U2, Herbert Gronemeyer, Nirvana, Bryan Ferry, Gavin Friday, Nick Cave, etc.

Q:Is working with DM your biggest project ?
A:Yes, except for my personal life.

Q:Which LP/single cover and video you've made, you like best ?
A:LP cover:"101, single cover:"Walking in my shoes" (b/w cover on maxi version ) video: several - "Enjoy the silence", "Personal Jesus", "In Your Room", "I Feel You", "Walking in my Shoes"

Q:How long it took, to prepare (idea + realization) stage for Devotional Tour ?
A: The idea itself, with all phases was developing 2 month before. Preparing video projection was similiar, around 2 month before.

Q:What most exciting you've made with DM ? The biggest experience ?
A:A party in Martin's room.

Q:Were you ever thinking about filming a DM video in Prague ?
A:No, because INXS destroyed it for everyone. But I love Prague and we were making Dm photos there in 1988.

Q:How long does it take to make a video ?
A:From idea to complete video, about 3 weeks.

Q:What type of camera are you using ?
A:Sometimes super 8, 16 mm, super 16 or 35 mm. It depends on financial budget or type of shot, you want to get.