Depeche Mode - If You Call Yourself A Pop Band You Can Get Away With Anything (Record Mirror, 1986) | dmremix.pro

Depeche Mode If You Call Yourself A Pop Band You Can Get Away With Anything (Record Mirror, 1986)

demoderus

Administrator
If You Call Yourself A Pop Band You Can Get Away With Anything
[Record Mirror, 23rd August 1986. Words: Andy Strickland. Pictures: Joe Shutter.]

rmi230886_1.jpgrmi230886_2.jpgrmi230886_3.jpgrmi230886_4.jpg

English text

Portugal text

Last edited:

demoderus

Administrator
Focussed interview of the band, with Martin for once doing most of the talking, during their touring in Italy in 1986. The article concentrates on the tension between the offbeat and subversive content Martin's work has taken, and the strictures of producing radio-friendly music. A balanced piece that manages to keep on a decent level while remaining easy to read.
" “It’s not until people actually come to see us live, or listen to the albums, that they start reading anything into the band at all,” explained Dave. “People just think of us as another pop band.” "
Armed with this trusty philosophy, a few leather mini skirts, a bra and a large acoustic guitar, Depeche Mode are beginning to clean up in Europe. Is their dark, winding pop more appreciated on the continent? And how many bottles of lager can an rm hack drink without falling over?

Rimini report: Andy Strickland

Photography: Joe Shutter

Sitting, sweltering in the back of a shiny new Italian taxi, I’m gripping the seat and singing the new Depeche Mode single, ‘A Question Of Time’, to myself and thinking – yep, it’s only a question of time before we pile into an oncoming car, a group of bronzed pedestrians, or one of those stupid three person bikes that holidaymakers insist on wobbling about on in places like this. Rimini – it was nice while it lasted, I think to myself.

Our driver puts his foot down into overdrive, nips back onto our side of the road (for once) and delivers us to the immaculate Grand Hotel. Quick, to the bar – we are Englishmen abroad after all. That’s why it costs 6,000 Lire (£3) for a bottle of beer!

Amid the heat, the private beaches, and the crazy moped teenagers, wander Depeche Mode and their minder. They’ve been on tour for five months now, and by the looks of their tans (Fletch excluded) they’ve managed to fit in more than a few hours copping some rays. Gathered around the pool (Well, it’s as convenient a place as any), we sip on mineral waters as I suggest that this must surely be one of the band’s favourite countries to work in. Dave Gahan rubs his bare stomach and laughs.

“Probably our worst actually,” he corrects me. “It’s nice to come at this time of year when, obviously, the weather helps, but it’s chaos! The actual country’s in total chaos!”

Martin Gore squints through some rather fetching bright green mascara and agrees.

“They’re nice people and everything, but they’re renowned for their disorganization. A lot of the time it’s untrue what countries are famous for, but in Italy’s case, it’s dead true. Ha ha.”

Practically everything Martin Gore says is followed swiftly by a big grin and a cackle of a laugh. Not what I’d expected at all. How can a man in a rubber skirt, motorcycle boots and body stocking be so normal and jolly?

The previous evening’s gig here in Rimini had been a comparatively trouble free affair. At least they had electricity, which is more than could be said for the gig in Genoa. The crowd lapped up a very impressive set, particularly Martin’s rendition of ‘A Question Of Lust’, as Dave went through his Freddie Mercury meets Bono act and I was reminded just how many great singles this band have made. Even a large mouse came out of hiding and ran across my tapping foot as the football stadium erupted unto a chorus of ‘Everything Counts’.

“Hope it paid!” says Fletch dryly when I inform him later. “Why should it?” asks Dave. “Two thousand Italians didn’t!” A reference to the Italian police’s seemingly random way of throwing some fans out and letting others in buck shee.

“The crowds here are very good, really excitable,” says Dave. “Even though we don’t actually sell many records here, at least not up until recently.”

It’s always struck me what a strange animal Depeche Mode is: ‘Top Of The Pops’, ‘Saturday Superstore’, girls screaming… All the usual ‘pop’ things you’d expect, but hang on a minute – listen more closely. ‘Master And Servant’, ‘Blasphemous Rumours’, ‘A Question Of Lust’ – they’re not exactly twee pop songs are they? The band’s recent Wogan appearance when they performed ‘Stripped’ was positively subversive! Over in this part of Europe at least, Depeche Mode are recognized as having more in common with the Cure than Wham!.

“Yeah definitely,’ says Dave signing the hotel VIP guest book. “I think we’re in a weird position in Britain, we’re very much out on our own, whereas in Germany, France and here in Italy we’ve got very much the same audience as ‘new wave’ bands like the Cure. In Britain, I don’t think there are that many people buying Cure records who also buy Depeche Mode records. It’s all down to our ‘pop’ tag and our background.”

Of course this could be an artistic drawback to Depeche Mode inasmuch as the pop tag can become a heavy burden at times. There’s no evidence of it happening though, if their latest album ‘Black Celebration’ is anything to go by. Rather it means they can write and perform material to a large audience that nobody else, save perhaps Marc Almond, would get beyond the demo stage.

For their part, the band are well aware that they get away with far more than the average group. Songs about bondage, lusting after 15 year olds, sex – but sshh! Let’s keep it a secret between the two of us. If this ever got out…!

“It’s not until people actually come to see us live, or listen to the albums, that they start reading anything into the band at all,” explained Dave. “People just think of us as another pop band.”

Martin seems to enjoy the prospect of Depeche Mode chipping gently away at the staid morality of Eighties Britain. “We kinda subtly corrupt the world,” he says triumphantly and adds, “basically if you call yourself a pop band you can get away with anything, ha ha.”

Last edited:

demoderus

Administrator
Not that Depeche Mode have sailed through their recent string of record releases without anyone noticing the odd lyric here and there. More than one eyebrow has been raised, as Dave reveals.

“We had a lot of trouble with ‘Top Of The Pops’ over ‘Blasphemous Rumours’. The BBC got a lot of letters complaining about it and we got a lot of stick for it. In the States they don’t bother to release some of the singles and the ones they do release don’t get any radio play. We did get a lot of letters from crazy Christians and stuff, but because we’re not absolutely huge in Britain but we’re pretty big in Europe, we can actually do what we like pretty much and we do get away with a lot, without being noticed.”

But does Martin ever feel constrained because of the band’s young audience? Does he ever write a set of lyrics and decide they’re too near the knuckle to be used?

“No, not really,” he ponders. “I never think about what’s going to become of the songs when they’re finished, and because we’re in this weird position of calling ourselves a pop band and doing what we like, we just seem to get away with it. I don’t think it’s a question of having to restrict yourself.”

At this point we’re interrupted by a well-heeled English holidaymaker – mid thirties, gold rimmed shades, Keegan perm and well spoken, who asks the lads if they’re “that English group staying at the hotel”. He hasn’t a clue who they are, but his wife has. “They’re very famous,” she calls after him as he asks a series of inane questions about ‘the business’. “So how’s life on the road?” he asks. “Darling,” his wife interrupts again, “staying at the Grand is hardly life on the road!” Miaow!

“Middle class berk,” offers an anonymous Depeche person. “They always get round to asking you how much money you’ve made,” says Dave. “You can guarantee they’ll ask if you’ve made your first million. I always tell ‘em I’m well on my way to my second. That usually shuts ‘em up.”

I make a note not to ask about money. The new single ‘A Question Of Time’ is my favourite Depeche Mode single for ages. It’s as close as an electronic band has ever got to making great driving music (except Kraftwerk’s ‘Autobahn’) and once more the lyrics could cause the boys one or two problems. Just who is this 15 year old that Martin Gore’s ‘got to get to you first’, I wonder aloud?

“Well ummm, yes, it was written about a person in particular,” he smiles nervously. “Full stop, no comment, ha ha.”

“I think it’s just looking really, observing,” says Dave coming to the rescue. “Rather than umm, umm, just writing about what would happen to that person, a young attractive girl who was very innocent, and obviously, once us lads get our hands on them, they change.”

As if by magic we’re suddenly besieged by a host of tanned teenage Latin lovelies who thrust autograph books and naked limbs under the lads’ noses. “Keess, keess?” pleads one of the braver young ladies as she approaches Dave’s cheek. “No, no,” he tells her firmly before amending that to “oh, alright then”.

Having seen Martin a year or so ago in Belgium wearing his full kit (including a rather fetching pair of red tights) in the full heat of an airless summer afternoon, I’d decided he was bonkers. Having seen him stroll back onstage last night for an encore wearing a bra with a can of lager nestling in each cup, I decide perhaps I’ve got him wrong and broach the subject of his wardrobe.

“It’s just something I like doing,” he says matter of factly. “It’s a laugh, it makes me laugh when I look in the mirror, it makes other people laugh when they see me and I’m making the whole world happy, ha ha!”

“And it makes people cry,” adds Dave. “Especially Fletch. ‘You can’t wear that, oh God!’ he comes in with his new gear on and it’s quite a big event because we wonder what he’s got on this time.”

Martin laughs loudly. “In France a couple of years ago, we’d never really had much success and I put on this gear in the dressing room when we were doing this TV programme and Fletch took one look at me and said ‘Mart, we’re never going to do anything in France if you go out looking like that!’ The next thing we knew, we had massive hits there. That was what started it.”

Fletch isn’t around to deny or confirm this story. He’s off supposedly getting something to eat, but I have a sneaking suspicion he’s avoiding me as earlier I’d challenged him to a ‘whitest man on Rimini beach’ contest. I’d have won easily.

If Martin Gore’s genial, homely persona had come as something of a surprise, his constant musical companion also confounds all expectations. On the tour bus, in his room, at airports, in bars, anywhere in fact, Martin is accompanied by a large and very beautiful… wait for it – vintage Gibson semi acoustic guitar. He sits in a world of his own strumming away at Eddie Cochrane numbers or thumbing out a blues tune when you’d have put money on him having some mini keyboard stuffed somewhere inside his bodystocking. So, is Martin a closet guitar hero, Dave?

“I did catch him posing in front of the mirror the other day when I walked past the dressing room,” he laughs.

And, come to think of it, while we were demolishing the contents of a few hotel mini bats in Martin’s room the previous night, we were listening to Wire and the Smiths, not DAF. Does this mean Depeche Mode are about to become a guitar band, I ask?

“Well, we often sample guitars, and we’ve used them on a few tracks but it’s a bit boring to go back to guitars,” says Martin. “It’s like the next step, all the electronic bands seem to do it don’t they? Ha ha.”

“We just prefer to find new sounds in the studio,” adds Dave. “Though most of the music we listen to as a band is guitar based really.”

Martin’s guitar even gets its own seat on the plane later today as we all head of for Milan. He clips the seat belt around it lovingly, as if it were some small child, then it’s on with the Walkman (Rosanne Cash, would you believe?).

Suddenly there’s howls of laughter as the Alitalia stewardess switches on the piped music and the unmistakeable vintage sound of Kenny’s ‘Do The Bump’ fills the plane. Dave leaps about in his seat while Alan Wilder tries to get on with the Kelly Le Brock feature in the inflight magazine.

At sizzling Milan airport, it’s handshakes all round as the band travel on for a gig in the South of France and photographer Joe Shutter and I move on for a rendezvous with several extortionately priced glasses of cold beer and positively the worst pizza either of us can remember ever eating. Still that’s Italy for you, a country full of surprises – a bit like Depeche Mode really.

demoderus

Administrator
Record Mirror
Date: August 1986
Description: Source pour l'article : Dmtvarchives et
Pays: Royaume-Uni

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 82

demoderus

Administrator
Entrevista
Traduzo aqui uma entrevista/reportagem publicada pela Mirror Record em 23 de agosto de 1986, cujo ponto mais interessante diz respeito às questões relativas ao uso de guitarra nos álbuns seguintes ao disco Black Celebration.

"Se você se diz uma banda pop, você pode fazer qualquer coisa"

Armado com esta confiante filosofia, algumas mini-saias de couro, um sutiã e uma guitarra acústica enorme, o Depeche Mode começa a limpeza na Europa. Seria a sua negra, sinuosa música pop mais apreciada neste continente? E quantas garrafas de cerveja um hack RM pode beber sem cair?

Reportagem: Andy Strickland
Sentado, sufocado no fundo de um novo táxi italiano brilhante, me seguro no acento e canto o novo single do Depeche Mode "A Question of Time", para mim mesmo e penso: é isso aí, é apenas uma questão de tempo antes de nos amontoarmos em um carro que se aproxima, em um grupo de pedestres bronzeados, ou em uma dessas estúpidas bicicletas de três lugares que os turistas insistem em sacudir por lugares como este. Rimini foi bom enquanto durou, penso comigo mesmo.
Nosso motorista finca o pé nas ultrapassagens, dá uma beliscada no lado certo da rua (às vezes) e nos liberta em frente ao imaculado Gran Hotel. Rápido, para o bar - nós somos ingleses no estrangeiro, depois de tudo. É por isso que uma garrafa de cerveja custa 6,000 liras!
Em meio ao calor, as praias privadas e os adolescentes loucos em motocicletas, vagueiam os Depeche Mode e seus guardas. Eles estão em tour por cinco meses agora, e pela aparência de seus bronzeados (tirando Fletch), eles conseguiram encaixar algumas horas para apanhar uns raios de sol. Reunidos em volta da piscina (bem, é um lugar conveniente, como qualquer outro), nós bebemos água mineral e digo que esta deve ser a cidade favorita para as bandas trabalharem. Dave Gahan esfrega sua barriga nua e ri.

"Provavelmente é a pior, na verdade," ele me corrige. "É bom vir nesta época do ano, quando, obviamente, o clima ajuda, mas é o caos! A cidade, atualmente, se encontra no caos total!".

Martin Gore olha de soslaio através de uma brilhante máscara verde e concorda.

"Eles são gente boa e tudo o mais, mas são reconhecidos por sua desorganização. Na grande maioria das vezes os países são reconhecidos por alguma coisa que não é a realidade, mas no caso da Itália, é uma verdade mortal. Ha ha."

Praticamente tudo o que Martin Gore diz é seguido rapidamente por um grande sorriso e uma gargalhada. Não era o que eu esperava. Como pode um homem em uma saia de borracha, botas de motoqueiro e meia calça ser tão normal e alegre?
A noite anterior ao show aqui em Rimini tinha sido completamente livre de problemas. Pelo menos eles tinham eletricidade, que era mais do que poderia ser dito sobre o show em Genova. A multidão observou um set impressionante, em particular a rendição de Martin em "A Question of Lust", enquanto Dave apresentou seu ato "Freddie Mercury encontrando Bono" e eu fui lembrado de quantos grandes hits a banda teve. Até mesmo um grande rato saiu de seu esconderijo e passou por cima do meu pé enquanto o estádio explodia em coro no refrão de "Everything Counts".

"Espero que seja pago!", diz secamente Fletch, quando lhe conto mais tarde. "Por que deveria?" pergunta Dave. "Dois mil italianos não serão!", uma referência à polícia italiana que parecia escolher alguns fãs de forma aleatória para jogar fora do estádio enquanto alguns fanfarrões incomodavam.

"O público aqui é muito bom, realmente empolgado", diz Dave. "Mesmo que nós não vendamos muitos discos por aqui, pelo menos até agora".

Sempre penso sobre que espécie de animal estranho o Depeche Mode é: 'Top of the Pops', 'Saturday Superstore', garotas berrando... Todas aquelas coisas usuais do mundo pop que você espera, mas espere um minuto - escute mais de perto. 'Master and Servant', 'Blasphemous Rumors', 'A Question of Lust' - elas não são exatamente delicadas canções pops, são? A aparição recente da banda no programa do Terry Wogan onde eles tocaram 'Stripped' foi positivamente subversiva! Mas nessa parte da Europa, pelo menos, o Depeche Mode é reconhecido como tendo mais em comum com o Cure do que com o Wham!.

demoderus

Administrator
"Sim, definitivamente", diz Dave enquanto assina o livro de hóspedes do hotel VIP. "Acho que estamos numa posição estranha na Grã-Bretanha, estamos muito fora de nós mesmos, enquanto que na Alemanha, França e aqui na Itália nós temos muito da mesma audiência destas bandas da 'new wave' como The Cure. Na Inglaterra eu imagino que as pessoas que compram discos do The Cure não compram os discos do Depeche Mode. Tudo por causa da nossa 'tag' pop e de nosso suporte."

É claro que esta poderia ser uma desvantagem artística para o Depeche Mode, na medida em que a marca "pop" pode se tornar um fardo pesado às vezes. Mas não há evidências de que isso esteja ocorrendo, se depender do seu recente álbum "Black Celebration". Pelo contrário, parece que eles podem escrever e executar suas músicas para um grande público, músicas que ninguém mais, salvo talvez Marc Almond, conseguiria levar além da fase das demos.
De sua parte, a banda está ciente de que está anos-luz à frente dos demais grupos. Canções sobre escravidão, luxúria após os 15 anos, sexo - mas sshh! Vamos manter isto em segredo entre nós. Se isso nunca foi dito...!

"Somente depois de nos ver ao vivo ou ouvir nossos álbuns que as pessoas começam a procurar mais coisas sobre nós", explica Dave. "As pessoas só pensam em nós como uma banda pop".

Martin parece apreciar a perspectiva do Depeche Mode se afastar delicadamente da moralidade antiquada da Grã-Bretanha dos anos 80. "Nós meio que sutilmente corrompemos o mundo", diz ele, triunfante e acrescenta: "Basicamente, se você se diz uma banda pop, você pode fazer qualquer coisa, ha ha".
Não é que o Depeche Mode tenha navegado calmamente através de seus lançamentos recentes sem que ninguém tenha percebido suas letras aqui e ali. Mais do que uma sobrancelha foi levantada, como Dave revela.

"Nós tivemos um monte de problemas no 'Top of the Pops' sobre 'Blasphemous Rumours'. A BBC tem um monte de cartas reclamando quanto a isto e nós temos um monte de pedaços de pau pra eles. Nos EUA eles não se preocupam em lançar alguns dos singles, e aqueles que eles lançam nunca tocam nas rádios. Nós recebemos um monte de cartas de cristãos loucos e tal, mas é porque nós não somos grandes na Grã-Bretanha, mas somos muito grandes na Europa, então podemos fazer aquilo que realmente gostamos e, com sorte, sair sem ser notado".

Mas será que Martin já se sentiu constrangido por causa do público jovem da banda? Será que ele nunca escreveu uma letra e chegou à conclusão que aquilo era sacana demais para ser usado?

"Não, não realmente," ele pondera. "Eu nunca penso sobre o que vai acontecer com as canções quando terminadas, e porque estamos nesta posição de nos denominarmos uma banda pop nós podemos nos agarrar a isto. Eu não acho que esta é uma questão de se auto-restringir".

Neste ponto ele é interrompido por um bem vestido turista inglês, por volta de trinta anos, óculos com aro de ouro, permanente estilo Kevin Keegan e muito falante que pergunta se eles são "aquele grupo inglês que está hospedado no hotel". Ele não tem idéia sobre quem são, mas sua esposa sim. "Eles são muito famosos," ela diz depois dele fazer uma série de perguntas sobre 'o negócio'. "Então, como é a vida na estrada?", ele pergunta. "Querido", sua esposa o interrompe novamente, "hospedados no Grand, a vida deve ser dura na estrada!" Miau.

"Idiotas da classe média", diz uma pessoa próxima dos Depeche. "Eles sempre ficam em volta pra perguntar quanto dinheiro você fez", diz Dave. "Pode apostar que eles vão perguntar se você fez seu primeiro milhão. Eu sempre digo a eles que estou no meu caminho para o segundo. Isto normalmente cala a boca deles".

Fiz uma anotação para não perguntar sobre dinheiro. O novo single, "A Question of Time" é meu single favorito do Depeche Mode há tempos. É o mais próximo que uma banda eletrônica conseguiu chegar de fazer uma grande canção para dirigir (tirando 'Autobahn' do Kraftwerk), e mais uma vez as letras causaram aos meninos um ou dois problemas. Quem é esta pessoa de 15 anos que "tem que chegar até você primeiro" ("got to get to you first"), eu me pergunto em voz alta?

"Bem, hum, sim, isto foi escrito sobre uma pessoa em particular", ele sorri nervosamente. "Ponto final, sem comentários, ha, ha".

"Eu acho que é apenas olhar bem, observar", diz Dave vindo em resgate. "Antes... ahn, apenas escrever o que aconteceria com esta pessoa, uma jovem atraente que era muito inocente, do que, é claro, escrevermos que queremos pôr as mãos nela, as opiniões mudam".

demoderus

Administrator
Como num passe de mágica, de repente nós estamos cercados por uma multidão de adolescentes bronzeados latinos amáveis, que empurram seus livros para serem autografados e seus membros nus sob os narizes dos rapazes. "Beijo beijo?" questiona uma jovem garota enquanto se aproxima do rosto de Dave. "Não, não", ele diz a ela com firmeza antes de emendar um "ah, tudo bem".
Tendo visto Martin um ano atrás ou mais na Bélgica usando seu kit completo (incluindo um encantador par de meias vermelhas) no calor integral de uma tarde de verão sem ar, eu concluí que ele é maluco. Ao vê-lo caminhar de volta ao palco na noite passada para um bis vestindo um sutiã com uma pequena lata de cerveja em cada seio, penso que posso tê-lo julgado mal e abordei-o sobre seu guarda-roupas.

"É apenas algo que eu gosto de fazer", ele diz de fato. "É uma risada, que me faz rir quando me olho no espelho, faz as pessoas rirem quando me vêem, então estou fazendo todo mundo feliz, ha ha!"

"E isto faz as pessoas chorarem," acrescentou Dave. "Especialmente Fletch. 'Você não pode usar isso, oh, Deus!', e ele vem com seu equipamento ligado e é um grande evento pois ficamos nos perguntando o que ele está vestindo desta vez".

Martin ri alto. "Na França, há uns dois anos atrás, nós não fazíamos muito sucesso, eu coloquei estas roupas no vestiário de onde nós estávamos gravando um programa de televisão e Fletch deu uma olhada pra mim e disse 'Mart, nós nunca mais faremos coisa alguma na França se você sair desse jeito!'. A próxima coisa que nós ficamos sabendo foi que nossos hits estavam emplacando lá. E assim começou".

Fletch não está por perto para negar ou confirmar essa história. Ele foi supostamente arranjar algo pra comer, mas tenho a suspeita de que ele está me evitando, como antes quando o desafiei para uma competição de "homem mais branco da praia de Rimini". Eu ganharia facilmente.

Se Martin Gore é genial, se sua personalidade me surpreendeu, seu companheiro musical de longa data também confunde todas as expectativas. No ônibus da turnê, em seu quarto, nos aeroportos, em bares, em qualquer lugar, de fato, Martin é acompanhado por um grande e bonito... espere por isso - violão Gibson semi-acústico vintage. Ele senta em um mundo de seus próprios dedilhados, em canções de Eddie Cochrane ou tocando uma canção de blues enquanto teria dinheiro para ter um mini-teclado enfiado em algum lugar de suas meia-calças. Então, seria Martin um guitar hero reservado, Dave?

"Eu o peguei posando em frente ao espelho quando passei pelo vestiário, um dia desses", ele ri.

E, pensando nisso, enquanto destruíamos alguns itens do hotel com um mini-bastão no quarto de Martin na noite anterior, ouvíamos Wire e The Smiths, e não D.A.F. (n.e: uma banda de eletropunk muito conhecida e influente). Será que isto significa que o Depeche Mode está prestes a se tornar uma banda de guitarra, eu pergunto?

"Bem, nós amamos guitarras, as utilizei em algumas faixas, mas é meio chato para voltar às guitarras", diz Martin. "É como o próximo passo, todas as bandas eletrônicas parecem fazer isso, não é? Ha ha."

"Nós simplesmente preferimos encontrar novos sons no estúdio", acrescentou Dave. "Embora a maioria das músicas que ouvimos como banda são baseadas em guitarra, realmente".

A guitarra de Martin também tem seu próprio acento no avião de hoje, quando todos partimos para Milão. Ele coloca o cinto de segurança em volta dela com amor, como se fosse uma criança pequena, e volta ao seu walkman (Rosanne Cash, você acreditaria?).

De repente há uivos de gargalhadas quando a aeromoça troca a música ambiente e um inesquecível som antigo de Kenny, 'Do The Bump', preenche o avião. Dave salta sobre sua cadeira enquanto Alan Wilder tenta se dar bem com Kelly Le Brock na revista de bordo.
No escaldante aeroporto de Milão, é apertos de mão por todos os lados enquanto a banda embarca para um festival no sul da França enquanto o fotógrafo Joe Shutter e eu partimos para um encontro com cervejas geladas a preços exorbitantes e para uma pizza que certamente foi a pior pizza que qualquer um de nós se lembra de ter comido. É isto que a Itália continua sendo pra você, um país cheio de surpresas - um pouco como o Depeche Mode, certamente