Last edited:

demoderus

Administrator
Shine All Remixes
TitleTimeAlbumRemixer
Album Version3:40Angels & Ghosts, Greatest Hits, Alternative Sampler Vol. 33

demoderus

Administrator
Shine (Dave Gahan & Soulsavers song) was not been played at any miscellaneous performance.
2015 "Angels & Ghosts" Tour (Dave Gahan & Soulsavers). Shine (Dave Gahan & Soulsavers song) was played 13 times during this tour.
2015-10-17 Angels and Ghosts Tour Rehearsals
2015-10-19 The Theatre at Ace Hotel, Los Angeles, CA, USA
2015-10-21 WFUV Session, MSR Studios, New York City, NY, USA
2015-10-22 Town Hall, New York, NY, USA
2015-10-26 Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, England, UK
2015-10-27 Later... with Jools Holland, Maidstone Studios, BBC Television Centre, BBC2 HD, England, UK
2015-10-29 Laut In München, Eisbachstudios, Munich, Germany
2015-10-30 Later... with Jools Holland, Maidstone Studios, BBC Television Centre, BBC2 HD, England, UK
2015-10-30 Tempodrom, Berlin, Germany
2015-11-02 La Cigale, Paris, France
2015-11-04 Fabrique, Milan, Italy
2015-11-05 Dave Gahan Night, Sky Arte, Officine Meccaniche, Milan, Italy
2015-11-11 Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Hollywood Masonic Temple, Los Angeles, CA, USA

demoderus

Administrator
In a syndicated interview for Theinterviewpeople.com, Dave Gahan says:

"[...] In fact, one of the songs - lyrically and melodically - I came up with the idea for after a concert… yeah, [chuckling] before that, actually… in Berlin, which was during the 'Sounds Of The Universe' tour. And in fact, and Soulsavers as well… I think it was during that tour. Well, anyway, there was the song 'Shine' - which is the first song on the album - the idea of that, in my head came. And then when Rich finally sent me this guitar line later on - was the slide guitar part that's in throughout 'Shine' - I knew that that idea that I'd remembered would fit perfectly inside this particular piece. So, that was one of the first pieces that was new that came, that was for this record.

Q: As you mentioned 'Shine', the opening track: Any particular reason why you wrote that in Berlin, in the middle of Europe?

A: Well, it was actually inspired by an amazing concert that we did there, in a huge stadium in Berlin. And on that particular night - it was one of those nights where, as a performer, everything just fell into place. There was a fantastic atmosphere, beautiful night. My voice was working, everything was working, I could, you know…

Q: So it was one of those magic moments?

A: Yeah, one of those magic moments that sometimes happen on tour, and everything's in the right place at the right time. And it’s one of those things, when you look around as well, at each other on stage, you all kind of know that it's happening. So I went back after that concert and these words just, and a melody line sort of came into my head. So I quickly recorded it into my computer, and put it away. And when Rich sent me a guitar line later on - the slidey sort of blues guitar line - I heard the whole thing kind of in my head. And with this big beat. And it all made sense. It’s very simple, it’s a very simple song with a very simple message. But it fit perfectly after that particular performance.

Q: Is that also a call for more optimism in a pretty dark and grim times? Does it work on a social and political level, too?

A: I hope so. I mean, it’s one of those things that I really felt in that moment, during the concert. Where there was tens of thousands of people all in one particular moment together. Sharing that moment together. And what a wonderful feeling that is.