Depeche Mode - (1985) Black Celebration Demo Tape | dmremix.pro
Black Celebration Demo Tape

Depeche Mode (1985) Black Celebration Demo Tape FLAC

demoderus

Administrator
demoderus разместил(а) новый ресурс:
Black Celebration Demo Tape - 1981 demos for the "Black Celebration" [FLAC]
Black Celebration Demo Tape BCdemoInro.jpg
The songs as having been recorded in January 1985 and 4-6-'85 (probably June 4, 1985, or possibly the range of April through June 1985), though there is some uncertainty surrounding these dates.
Посмотреть страницу этого ресурса...

Last edited:

demoderus

Administrator
Black Celebration demo tape (1985)
Handwritten info sheet for the Black Celebration demo tape.

According to the handwritten info sheet to the right, the Black Celebration (album) demo tape contains the following tracks:
1. Shake The Disease
2. Here Is The House
3. It Doesn't Matter Two
4. Sometimes
5. It's Called A Heart
6. But Not Tonight
7. Black Celebration

The demos for 'Shake The Disease' and 'Here Is The House' that are available for streaming at the beginning of this section are the same versions as those featured on this demo tape.
Shake The Disease (Demo). Martin's demo version of Shake The Disease closely resembles the album version in terms of structure and overall sound. The second verse has some differing lyrics compared to the album version.

The differences are italicized below:
Some people want to be
Permanently together
Lovers devoted
To each other forever
That's not what I mean
That's not for us
We want a different scene
But when I'm not there
In spirit I'll be there

There are a couple faithfully performed instrumental covers of this demo version. See the entry on the fake and misattributed tracks subpage.
Here Is The House (Demo). Martin's demo has a different chorus vocal. Instead of "Body and soul come together, as we come closer together" as on the album version, the line in the demo is "Colors and shapes merge together, as we come closer together". Furthermore, the line "With or without words I'll confide everything" is instead "Without words I'll confide everything" on the demo.

The accompanying info sheet describes the songs as having been recorded in January 1985 and 4-6-'85 (probably June 4, 1985, or possibly the range of April through June 1985), though there is some uncertainty surrounding these dates.

The demo for 'It's Called A Heart' is an uptempo recording featuring a basic percussion pattern and a "driving" main riff percolated by a series of staccato synth bass, bell, and melodic organ parts with double-tracked vocals. Notably, Martin Gore periodically sings a filtered "let me tell you" vocal at various points during the verses.