Alan Wilder - Alan Wilder Left DM [Mute Liberation Technologies, 1995] | dmremix.pro

Alan Wilder Alan Wilder Left DM [Mute Liberation Technologies, 1995]

demoderus

Administrator
Alan Wilder left DM [Mute Liberation Technologies, 1995]
Announcement and statement. May/June 1995.

demoderus

Administrator
SAD ANNOUNCEMENT: Alan Wilder left DM
Taken from Mute Liberation Technologies Web Page
Mute Liberation Technologies

We are very sorry to have to inform you that Alan Wilder has decided to leave Depeche Mode after over 13 years. The band have no plans to replace Alan and Martin is currently writing new material. Martin, Dave and Fletch intend to continue as Depeche Mode.

The above is a statement from Mute, we will keep you updated with any further announcements and news both here at the web space and also at the FTP/Telnet/BBS site, where, if you wish to discuss this news, there is the Depeche Mode forum. Follow the link to the MLT info to see how to log onto there.

There is now an official statement from Alan posted on the Mute FTP site. It reads:

ALAN WILDER STATEMENT
"Due to increasing dissatisfaction with the internal relations and working practices of the group, it is with some sadness that I have decided to part company from Depeche Mode. My decision to leave the group was not an easy one particularly as our last few albums were an indication of the full potential that Depeche Mode was realising.

Since joining in 1982, I have continually striven to give total energy, enthusiasm and commitment to the furthering of the group's success and in spite of a consistent imbalance in the distribution of the workload, willingly offered this. Unfortunately, within the group, this level of input never received the respect and acknowledgement that it warrants.

Whilst I believe that the calibre of our musical output has improved, the quality of our association has deteriorated to the point where I no longer feel that the end justifies the means. I have no wish to cast aspersions on any individual; suffice to say that relations have become seriously strained, increasingly frustrating and, ultimately, in certain situations, intolerable.

Given these circumstances, I have no option but to leave the group. It seems preferable therefore, to leave on a relative high, and as I still retain a great enthusiasm and passion for music, I am excited by the prospect of pursuing new projects.

The remaining band members have my support and best wishes for anything they may pursue in the future, be it collectively or individually."

1st June, 1995.