Depeche Mode - The Big Question (NME Originals, 2005) | dmremix.pro

Depeche Mode The Big Question (NME Originals, 2005)

demoderus

Administrator
The Big Question
[NME Originals, Volume 2, Issue 1, 2005. Words: Steve Sutherland / Simon Scott / Mat Snow / Patrick Humphreys, ed. Steve Sutherland. Pictures: Veigue / Dulle-Idols, Redferns, Jon Blackmore.]
nme000005_1.jpgnme000005_2.jpgnme000005_3.jpgnme000005_4.jpg
Over the years, NME have published some excellent material on Depeche Mode. Sadly, the editor of this selection of reprints has chosen a couple of good ones from 1981, a couple of bad ones from 1982, and nothing else, giving the impression that Depeche Mode were a New Romantic flash in the pan. Each article is perfectly decent in its own right, but combined they are completely un-representative of Depeche Mode's career. A wasted opportunity.
"Whatever it is that makes people shell out hard-earned money to watch this band, in pursuit of enjoyment, is totally lost on me. By the way, which one’s Vince Clarke?"
NME took over Melody Maker in (?) 2000, which is why the majority of articles here are from Melody Maker despite this magazine being an NME edition.

I've deliberately listed every NME or Melody Maker article I have for 1981-1986, which is the period being covered by this edition of NME originals, to demonstrate what they could have picked from, if only as abridgements. With a couple of exceptions, every article here is up with the best of them.

Contents:

1. "Fast Fashion In Basildon" [Melody Maker, 9th May 1981]

Please Login or Register to view hidden text.

2. "The Perfect Fantasy" [Melody Maker, 26th September 1981]

3. Review of Just Can't Get Enough [Melody Maker, 12th September 1981]

4. "Depeche Mode - Birmingham Odeon" [Melody Maker, 23rd October 1982]

5. "Depeche Mode - A Broken Frame" [Melody Maker, 25th September 1982]

6. Review of People Are People [NME, 24th March 1984]