Depeche Mode - 1985-08 | dmremix.pro
Depeche Mode Information Service August 1985 newsletter
1985-08-xx - Depeche Mode Information Service Newsletter (1-1).jpg

Last edited:

demoderus

Administrator
Information Service newsletter, August 1985.
Change of address details, further news on the release of "It's Called A Heart" and "The Singles 81-85", and TV appearances.
inf010885.jpg
Dear Fans,

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the delay in sending out this newsletter, this is due to the fact that so many letters have been pouring in recently that it's been impossible for me to meet the demand. Therefore, this will be the last information sheet from me at 42 Hillway, Billericay. The service has been taken by Bravado's who organise the band's touring merchandise, it is planned for them to run a much more efficient, streamlined service, with better layouts, t-shirts and a bigger range of items. So from now on please write to this address:

Depeche Mode Information Service
P.O. BOX 326
LONDON SW6 6RL

All letters sent to 42 Hillway will automatically be referred to the above address and unfortunately I will no longer be able to answer any myself.

However, I do still have some of the merchandise left so I've enclosed an order form which you should continue to send to 42 Hillway until all of the old stock has been sold. Bravado's will not be selling any of the old merchandise so this is your last chance to purchase any of it!

Thank you all for your support.

Record News

The new single will now be released on 16th September entitled 'It's Called A Heart' c/w 'Fly on the Windscreen'. Both sides were written by Martin and were recorded at Genetic Studios. The video was shot over two nights in England by Peter Care, and a 12" will be available. Keep your eye open for some surprises a few weeks after its release too!

The compilation album '81 to '85 is due out on 14th October, it consists of all the singles (no B-sides) except 'Somebody' (although it will be on the compact disc) and will be in order of release.

New material is being written for the new album which will be recorded in November and December and consequently released in early 1986.

Tour News

To coincide with the release of the LP there will be a tour of the United Kingdom in April, tickets are due to go on sale MID-OCTOBER, but as yet the finalised dates haven't been decided so I suggest you watch the press for more details.

Concerts in the rest of Europe and USA will follow.

Television and Radio

These following appearances have been lined up

4th, 5th, 6th September Berlin TV (Show not settled)
13th September Paris TV (Show not settled)
14th September Granada "TX" Show
15th September Radio One Roadshow at Thorpe Park
17th September TV AM
21st September Saturday Picture Show
21st September POSSIBLE Wide Awake Club
25th September POSSIBLE Wogan
Sometime after 24th September Bliss
26th-29th September Italian TV's
11th October The Tube

Extras

Martin and Andy both now live in London. Dave - Roundtable 20 Sept

'Shake the Disease' reached NO 1 in France and 'Some Great Reward' is platinum there.

Gold is 'Some Great Reward' in America where they've just released 'Master & Servant' as a follow up to the hugely successful 'People are People'.