Martin Gore - 2013-09-27 San Francisco, KITS Live 105 105.3 FM | dmremix.pro

Martin Gore 2013-09-27 San Francisco, KITS Live 105 105.3 FM

demoderus

Administrator

2013-09-27 KITS Live 105 105.3 FM, San Francisco, CA, USA​

Morning Show host Steve Masters of Live 105 radio headed backstage to interview Depeche Mode’s Martin Gore at Shoreline Amphitheatre before their show on September 26th.
Duration: 10:27
The interview was uploaded on live105.cbslocal.com but is no longer there.
Steve Masters had also interviewed Dave Gahan in 1990.

demoderus

Administrator
Here are some highlights from their Q&A:
On the band return to the Bay after five years: “On the last tour we didn’t actually play here because we had problems with Dave’s voice.”
If there was only one Depeche Mode album which would it be: “I think because of it’s popularity I would have to go with Violator . I think everyone would get upset if I didn’t choose that. It’s got four classic singles.”
Is there another live album a la 1989′s Depeche Mode 101 in the works: “We don’t have plans to do that yet. With the last few tours – I think pretty much with every tour we do a live DVD. I think we will get around to doing that this time.”
What lies ahead for the band: “At the moment we know we have six months that we have committed to – touring wise. After that we haven’t thought about getting back into the studio.”
“There may come a day when someone just says they don’t want to do it anymore. It could happen. I personally don’t see it happening.”
On the band’s Foosball prowess: “Unfortunately , we’ve got some crew people with us that are better than us. I have to admit. My security guy is very good. If we take him out of the equation I tend to win quite a lot.”
Martin Gore’s favorite song to play Live: “I think just because of the crowd participation – it just amazes me every single night – “Never Let Me Down Again” when everybody starts waving, flailing their arms around. It’s just amazing to look and see that happening every night.”
Does Martin Gore use Twitter?: “I have a Twitter account but I don’t tweet.”
Does he reply to fan mail?: “Not really because most people that bother to contact a band are usually slightly mad.”
On working with former member Vince Clarke again: “I think it is a possibility . We didn’t talk about it being a long term project.”
On his fanciest car he ever had: “I don’t drive. I have never driven a caricon1 A One On One Interview With Martin Gore of Depeche Mode. I have never taken a lesson. I have never taken a test.”
Favorite V acation Spot: “Costa Rica”
England or USA?: “USA”