Dave Gahan - Paper Monsters Tour Diary | Page 2 | dmremix.pro

Dave Gahan Paper Monsters Tour Diary

demoderus

Administrator
Monday August 11th, 2003
Author: Martyn Lenoble

"Salt Lake City

Hi there, this is my very first entry in the infamous Paper Monster Tour Diary.

First of all, I would like to say that it's been amazing. It's been a real pleasure and a privilege to play with Dave. He is an amazing frontman, as far as I'm concerned the best that I have ever worked with!

We have been touring for almost three months now, and everybody has been great. The guys in the band, their families, the crew, and last, but not least, you people. You have been fantastic!

I can't wait to play the remaining shows, and in a few months hit Europe again.

O.K. Enough of my ramblings. Salt Lake City.

Great venue, (I played there w/ The Cult before). As usual, before the show, I went to the back of the venue to see Kenna, the opening band. I love them, and they got a great response.

As did we! There was great energy and a lot of happy faces smiling our way.

Some great signs and banners as well!

There were some funny moments as well. Dave yelled out;" Come on Denver, lets hear you sing!!!" After the song was over he recovered by saying he was just checking.

The other moment occurred when a fan ran on stage and grabbed Dave from behind.

Dave didn't see who was holding him, and told me he thought "Why the hell is Knox trying to tackle me?"

Next, highlights from Vancouver.

See You,

Martyn."

demoderus

Administrator
Wednesday August 27th, 2003
Author: Victor Indrizzo

"What can I say..

The American leg was many things, Some really high high's and some not so high high's. Amazing Fan's, musical bliss, broken down buses, vocal spray addiction, finger injuries, lots of laugh's, dry cleaning gone bad, bad pizza, smiling faces, so on and so on...

Stand out shows (for me) N.Y., Montreal, San Antonio (probably the best), Vancouver, S.F. and for me the 1st. L.A. show. The second was good but a little sad knowing it was the last one for awhile.

Yes it is true Mr. Gore was at the L.A. show. Very nice.

I want to type some comforting words but then the message boards wouldn't be fun anymore.

Looking forward to a little break and dreaming up a new show for the next leg.

To all the fan's who have been supportive it has really meant a lot to all of us. To all the one's who have not we love you anyway.

Very excited to go back to Europe.

Let me know what songs you would like us to do, I will see what I can do. I have given Brat some footage of the tour that he should be posting soon.

Till next time my friends stay well.

XO'

Victor

postscript

Vegas, can you ever forgive me? (S.L.C. too!)

Please remember that I beat on things for a living so I am a little slow!

The Vegas show was amazing and up there as one of the best.

They all were very good. No, really.

Thanks for feedback on which new song's to try.

Wish we could bring all of you to Europe (well maybe not the ones drinking too much hatorade!) No, really.

It is good to be home for a minute.

I am editing some video for you all of the First leg, sure it will be up soon.

Till next time."