demoderus разместил(а) новый ресурс:
Martin Gore 1985 Home Demos - 1985 Martin Gore's home demos [FLAC]
Martin Gore 1985 Home Demos
1985MartinHomeDemosIntrThumb.jpg
Посмотреть страницу этого ресурса...

Last edited:

demoderus

Administrator
The three tracks below are sourced from a second-generation tape labeled "Martin Gore 1985 Home Demos". The first two are the same demos that appear on the "Black Celebration" demo tape, detailed further below.1985MartinHomeDemos.jpg

Shake The Disease (demo). Martin's demo version of Shake The Disease closely resembles the album version in terms of structure and overall sound. The second verse has some differing lyrics compared to the album version.[4]

The differences are italicized below:
Some people want to be
Permanently together
Lovers devoted
To each other forever
That's not what I mean
That's not for us
We want a different scene
But when I'm not there
In spirit I'll be there

There are a couple faithfully performed instrumental covers of this demo version. See the entry on the fake and misattributed tracks subpage.

Here Is The House (demo). Martin's demo has a different chorus vocal. Instead of "Body and soul come together, as we come closer together" as on the album version, the line in the demo is "Colors and shapes merge together, as we come closer together". Furthermore, the line "With or without words I'll confide everything" is instead "Without words I'll confide everything" on the demo.

I Love You Love Me Love (demo). This song appeared on the same tape as the above two tracks (and possibly the "Black Celebration" demo tape). I have read it to be rumored to have been recorded for Fletch as a birthday gift, but that rumor has yet to be confirmed. A more likely and credible explanation was given to me by an anonymous ex-label employee: he was told by a tour promoter that the track was Martin's catalyst for a solo cover album, essentially the inspiration for the first "Counterfeit e.p.", and was the first track set aside for the project. As this was told to my source a long time ago, I asked that he try and
verify this information.

Last edited: